Do you enjoy working outdoors, helping people and have great communication skills?
Do you have excellent customer service skills and enjoy being active?
If so, Bury Council are currently recruiting 4 x 12-month fixed term contract Covid Marshals.
2 – Weekday shifts Monday – Friday 10.00 –18.00 , 37 hrs
2 x Weekend and Evening Friday - Sunday 11.30 – 00.00 , 36 hrs
What you will be doing…
Our Covid Marshalls are the eyes and ears of the local community, providing a high visibility patrolling presence, providing advice to residents, and members of the public on COVID regulations and how to stay safe.
The role of COVID-19 marshals is not to enforce COVID-19 regulations, or have any enforcement powers, which are the remit of the police and your fellow public protection officers. COVID-19 Marshals should engage, explain and encourage best practice and national COVID-19 secure guidance.
The job of a COVID-19 secure marshals, is to:
· promote social distancing and encourage public compliance with COVID-19 public health measures
· educate and explain COVID-19 Secure guidelines in the public realm and for business premises
· identify and support businesses and premises not following guidelines, and notifying your colleagues as appropriate
· These objectives will support businesses and the public, increasing understanding of COVID-19 public health measures, such as social distancing, wearing face coverings in appropriate settings and hand washing. This will increase public confidence in visiting local shops high streets and town centres.
Your day will be spent, mostly outside, in all weathers, walking up to 10 miles per day, so please consider this before you apply. You will be dealing with members of the public face to face, so customer service must be something you enjoy, sometimes in difficult situations.
You will also be:
1. Signposting members of the public and businesses to government guidance
2. Assisting with the directing of visitors to Bury and on occasion cleaning touch points
3. Directing pedestrians and managing pedestrian one-way systems
4. Guiding pedestrians through exit and entry points
5. Checking and promoting visibility of COVID-19 Secure messaging
6. Handing out face coverings and hand sanitiser
7. Promoting social distancing
8. Moving on groups that aren't practicing social distancing
We have 2 shift patterns available
Shift 1 - 2 positions working Monday – Friday 10.00 – 18.00 hrs - 37hrs
Shift 2 – 2 positions working Friday – Sunday 11.30 - 00.00 hrs - 36 hrs
You will be working 36 or 37 hours per week shift dependent.
A clean driving licence is essential as you will be going straight to one of the sites within the borough on a daily basis.
Either using your own vehicle for which business insurance will be required, a mileage rate will be payable for this, use of a pool vehicle or travel pass provided
What you will need…
You must enjoy dealing with people, be friendly polite, and willing to offer support, advice and assistance to colleagues and customers.
A SIA door Supervision Qualification
A Current DBS or be willing to obtain one
A Driving licence preferable with no endorsements of fixed penalty points.
You will be provided with…
Uniform requirements weather dependentPaid Holiday leave between 20-25 days dependent on starting date and contract length
Closing date for applications is noon Tuesday 22nd June 2021. For an informal chat about this post please contact Laura Jones on 0161 253 7206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information.
12 00 pm
22nd Jun 2021
Due to planned system maintenance between:
Thursday 18th June at 17:30 to Monday 22nd June at 09:00
You will not be able to apply for this vacancy.
We apologise for any inconvenience.